Monday, March 12, 2012

Knotty Knitters

So recently I've been taking forever to read books, which has been really annoying to me. It normally takes me a couple of days to read a new book but the last book I read took a week to finish! You want to know what's been taking up my time? I formed my own club at school called The Knotty Knitters! 


For the club, a group of my friends and I knit items to donate to the local hospital's emergency room. It's so much fun because I absolutely love knitting and I've been able to get my friends into knitting too! Here are some stuff I have made for the club: 

  

I love knitting so much now that I've literally been doing nothing else! My mom taught me how to knit in December and here are some things I've made for myself: 

 

And over the weekend I learned how to crochet! I can't wait to start crocheting afghans and accessories! Once I make more, I will be sure to share them! In the meantime, I'll be doing something I love while helping those in need. Who knew college could be so fun? :)

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! There is a program you might be into called Knit for Kids where you can make sweaters for kids in need in the US and around the world. www.knitforkids.org.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. It's great that something that's so fun for you can benefit others. I love the purple scarf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...