Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Book Review: Wish You Were Mine by Tara Sivec

Wish You Were Mine 
by Tara Sivec
Release Date: November 14, 2017
Source: Publisher
Five years. I would’ve stayed away longer if I hadn’t received the letter. Not a day has gone by that I haven’t thought about her, haven’t missed her smile, haven’t wished that things were different.

The last time I saw my two best friends, I vowed to not stand in the way of their happiness, even if that meant I couldn’t be a part of their lives. Cameron James and her emerald-green eyes were too much of a temptation and I couldn’t stay and watch them together. Cameron deserved better than me. She deserved him.

But now that I am back, things are different. I’m not going to stand by and watch the woman I’ve always loved slip away again. I’m done living my life with regrets and I’m ready to tell her the truth. And I’ll do whatever it takes to show her that I always wished she was mine.



Believe it or not, I have never read a Tara Sivec novel until now. I have seen so many good things about her books, so when I had the chance to review her newest release, I knew it was my time to finally pick one up! 

Everett has been gone for five years. And for five years, he hasn't spoken one word to Cameron James, the girl who stole his heart when they first met as kids, but also the girl he knows he can never be good enough for. Cameron is angry. For five years, she hasn't seen or heard from Everett and he struts into her camp like no time has passed at all. But Cameron finds herself needing Everett to save their camp for military families and kids and she'll do anything to save the place that was her entire childhood and future. 

Wow, from the moment this book starts, you are hit with an immense amount of emotions. Everett and Cameron's best friend to their trio since they were kids has passed away and both of them are trying to recover. Everett has been gone for five years, though, and doesn't know how to reinsert himself into Cameron's life. I was in love with Cameron and Everett and was rooting for them so hard to make it work and get together. Both of them, though, are so broken at the beginning of this book and it's heartbreaking watching them try to learn to trust each other and get over the fears that have been plaguing them their whole lives. 

I will say, the ending was pretty predictable and I was just waiting for the predictable stuff to happen when the rest of the story kind of slowed down a bit. Other than that, though, I really loved this book and the little quirks that made Everett and Cameron's relationship so special. I loved their connection to their friend that had died and their long, heartbreaking history together. And talk about a slow burn romance! There was so much chemistry between them but also so much history that made them resistant to that chemistry. 

While this was my first Tara Sivec book, this is definitely not going to be my last! She delivered so much emotion, heartache, and strong physical attraction that I could not put this book down. I was obsessed with Everett and Cameron for about 80% of the book until things slowed down and got a little predictable. Other than that, though, this book was amazing and such a sweet romance!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...