Thursday, May 10, 2018

Book Review: Arrogant Devil by RS Grey

Arrogant Devil
by RS Grey
Release Date: May 10, 2018
Source: Author
Everyone in Cedar Creek, Texas, knows Jack McNight is an arrogant devil. Physically, I get it: he’s tan and fit, with coal-black hair that’s clearly been scorched by hellfire. Oh, and his personality? It burns just as hot.

When I show up on the doorstep of Blue Stone Ranch, I’m run-down and rockin’ my last pair of underwear. I’m hoping for a savior, but instead, I find him.

My opinion of Jack is marred by a dismal first impression, but his opinion of me is tainted even before I arrive. He’s heard I’m a spoiled princess there to take advantage of his goodwill. To him, I’m more trouble than I’m worth.

Our button-pushing banter should get under my skin. His arrogance should be a major turn-off. Problem is, devils are known to offer their own form of temptation.

Every one of his steely glares sends a shiver down my spine.

Every steamy encounter leaves me reeling.

Sure, it could be the Texas heat messing with my head, but there’s no way I’ll survive the summer without silencing him with a kiss and wrestling him out of those Wranglers.

Who knows…going to bed with the devil might just be the salvation I’ve been looking for all along.


Any book that has RS Grey's name on the cover is an automatic need-to-read for me. I couldn't wait to read a new romcom that took place on a ranch! 

Meredith Avery has never had to work for anything in her life. Marrying right out of college to a man who climbed the ladder and gained in social status and money, everyone thinks Meredith has the perfect life. Little do they know, she's not living the glamorous life with a loving marriage. When her husband finally pushes her to the limit, Meredith runs to Texas to stay with her half sister. Meredith finds herself working on the ranch her sister works at under the employment of the infuriating and arrogant Jack McNight. Jack thinks he has the spoiled rich girl all figured out and doesn't think she'll last a week on his ranch. But the more resilient Meredith proves to be, the harder it is for Jack to ignore how much he actually enjoys being around her. 

When I started this book, I automatically loved Meredith. I was nervous that she would be super high maintenance because of always being taken care of, but I was so wrong. Meredith was definitely broken after leaving her husband, but she was determined to finally make it on her own and prove to everyone that she was serious about being her own, independent self. I loved being inside of her head and seeing how she took every roadblock with determination. I mean, if I had to do some of the things she did (ummm, that shack!?!), I don't think I would have lasted like she did. 

I definitely have to say that this was a slow burn romance that took FOREVER to pan out. That isn't a bad thing, but I was on the edge of my seat, dying for Jack and Meredith to finally admit their feelings for one another. They are both definitely hard-headed people and Jack is very adamant in his judgement of Meredith. The more they become aware of each other, the cuter their relationship became and I was so into it! 

If you can't tell, I absolutely loved this book. Meredith was such a strong character and I couldn't help but swoon over Jack. I loved the ranch setting and country hospitably Meredith found in Texas (well, from everyone but Jack...). If you want a fun, southern romance from RS Grey, you have to pick up Arrogant Devil!





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one, but the cover bugs me...why show her face and not his?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the cheaper ones I’ve seen are made of Spandex or Lycra, basically synthetic fiber that’s elastic like rubber but stronger. Most of those sell for under $80. The more expensive ones are made of synthetic or real leather which looks a lot better than the Spandex ones, hence the price. The costume used in the movie is also leather.professional cosplay costumes

    Of course, it helps to be in good shape to really pull off the look but I have seen cheaper roy harper costumes with the muscle shadows on them to give the illusion of a fit body which probably looks decent with low lighting and from across the room.custom made cosplay costumes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...